It is never easy to choose the right pool design for your home. Usually, it is a matter of choosing the right shape, form, and size to suit your outdoor space. And, since there is such a breadth of choice available, it can be hard to know which one will look right.
Although some people prefer a round or kidney-shaped pool, many more favor traditional geometric designs. A classic geometric pool is ideal for swimming lengths and works well with features, such as waterfalls or slides. Some people are under the misconception that a geometric pool is rather dull and uninventive. With today’s modern approach, it’s possible to create beautiful geometric swimming pool designs with a contemporary appeal that will not only look fantastic but will make swimming even more pleasurable.
What Is A Geometric Pool Design?
Geometric pool designs are ones that feature a classic shape with even lines and straight sides. Based on a rectangular construction, geometric swimming pools can range in size but always feature sharp corners. Although the standard square or rectangular pool is a geometric design in its most basic form, today’s architects and pool designers have devised innovative ways to turn a standard pool into a work of art. Taking inspiration from classical architecture and Romanesque designs, as well as from more contemporary sources, today’s geometric-shaped swimming pools can incorporate a range of elements, from lighting and fountains to waterfalls and Roman steps, to produce an impressive result.
Are There Other Options?
If you have plenty of space in your outdoor area and a budget is not an issue, you are probably wondering whether a freeform or geometric pool would be best for you. When compared with a geometric pool, a freeform pool takes any form with no set shape or rules. Ideal for a small backyard or for anyone looking to achieve a natural look. Freeform pools add to a landscaped effect thanks to their lagoon-style look. On the downside, however, it is usually more expensive to install this type of pool. The customized qualities and added complexity raise the price tag.
Why Choose Geometric Pools Designs?
If you’re wondering why you should choose a geometrically shaped swimming pool, there are several factors to bear in mind. Apart from the fact that they are generally more cost-effective and affordable than a freeform pool, they also bring a number of other advantages:
• Ease of construction – Thanks to their more regular shape, it is easier to prepare the space for a geometric swimming pool.
• Ideal for serious swimmers – If you’re planning to swim laps and lengths in your pool, a geometric pool is the best choice.
• Ideal to incorporate vanishing edges – If you want to create a modern infinity pool look, a geometric pool is your best option.
• Matches home architecture – A geometric pool design can often perfectly complement the existing architecture of your home for a seamless transition from outdoors to indoors.
• Easy entryway addition – A geometric pool allows for the easy addition of symmetrically layered entrances. These entrances not only add a visual appeal but also make it even easier to access the water.
Have you decided if a geometric pool is perfect for you? Are you looking for a little more expert advice to help you make your final decision? You are in the right place. Pulliam Pools Houstons helpful pool builder Houston TX team is here to help. Contact us today to find out more about the different options available to you. We can give you all the help you need to make the right decision for your budget, your home, and your style.